Thursday, December 24, 2009

Fashion vs. Food










Sequins dress with lace overlay by Vivienne Tam


I attended a cocktail soiree at Vivienne Tam that was co-hosted by the publication I periodically write for, Asiance Magazine. The usual suspects were there, dressed to the nines in killer cocktail dresses. We were plied with copious amounts of Vueve and gently reminded of their special event pricing. One night only! I can't believe I fell for it.

I successfully resisted the urge to browse the racks of Vivienne's Holiday Collection until I saw a flash of purple walk by. I did a double-take, flagged down the sales associate. She was a petite Asian girl wearing a purple sequins dressed with a lace overlay. I ended up buying the matching peep toe heels as well.

As a good friend of mine would say, "You just bought a dress for a party you have yet to be invited to, to mingle with people you have yet to meet." Ah yes, but that is so "glass half empty!" I'd like to think that I made a solid investment.

The buyer's remorse set in a day later. I had just squandered what I had set aside for a master class in sugar work. Time to sell another loft...

No comments: